The Faith Story of A Church Near You in Geneva, Ohio
New Life Assembly of God is a church near Geneva, Ohio. We have a great location right near to I-90 at the Geneva exit between Madison and Perry over in Lake County, and Ashtabula and Kingsville in Ashtabula County.
Our church has a wonderful history and was led by our Pastor Harry Pishcura and his wife Dawn, who have been at New Life since 1993. During his time here, the church has furthered developed it’s outreach into the community both in Geneva, and Geneva-on-the-Lake. Whether we were running a coffee house ministry, passing out ‘The Book of Hope’ to every house in Geneva or organizing Water Balloon Blasts for the neighborhood kids and Back to School events to provide school supplies for the children in the Geneva, Vacation Bible School, or many other things, we have been at work being part of the community. Over the years, our church has established a testimony of faith as we have pursued the call of God.
Pastor Harry led the church to ‘Build Faith, Restore Hope and Grow in Love” in Geneva, Ohio and the surrounding communities. In everything that we do, we strive to point people to Jesus Christ for answers and it is amazing to see time and time again that ‘with God, nothing is impossible!’ In 2011, Pastor Harry was joined by his Assistant and Associate Pastors David and Angeline Yarbrough.
Since then, Pastor David has worked with Pastor Harry, and with New Life here in Geneva to fulfill the vision God has given this church. Then, on February 1, 2018, Pastor David became the new Lead Pastor and Pastor Harry transitioned to a new role here as the Pastor of Blessing.
Founded in 1934 by Pastor Carl Usher, who at the same time also founded Faith Community Church in Rock Creek, Ohio, we were originally named ‘Geneva Full Gospel Mission of the A/G.’
In the beginning, tent services and street meetings were normal for this new church. They found their first home in the rooms above the ‘Sugar Bowl’, a business that used to be in the center of Geneva on N. Broadway.
About a dozen years later in 1947, the church built a new building to meet in on West Liberty Street. This was a great location for us until 2005, under the leadership of Pastor Harry, we no longer fit in the building and were moved to our current location on Lafevre Road. Fortunately, another great church, Faith Freedom Fellowship, was able to move into our old building!
The whole story of moving into a new location is filled with reports of God’s involvement, his direction and blessing. We share the full-length version of this story of faith as part of our Plugged In classes, which are for anyone who is new to our church and is interested to find out if they would like to be more involved here.
Through all of this, we would like to say that God is further establishing the testimony of faith through this part of His church and we are excited to be involved with the next phase of this story of faith!